Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of Preschool 2011

 Eden started preschool yesterday, Sept. 7th, 2011.  She is going three days a week from 8:30 to 2:00.  She is going closer to home which will make it easier to take her and pick her up especially with a newborn on the way.  Eden has been so excited about preschool but I had to keep reminding her that she was not going to be with the kids from her Mothers Day Out program.  All summer she has talked about seeing all her friends and going to school with them again.  Well I had to keep telling her she was going to meet lots of new friends and how fun it would be.  The day before she started telling me she didn't want to go and was a little upset so I thought Wednesday morning would be bad but she woke up herself and was ready to go.  I was so proud of her.  She did great getting ready and will hopefully continue to do so.  (She is not a morning person like her daddy).  We got to school and she asked if I was going to stay with her and I told her no and she did fine.  She went right in and put her folder and lunch box where they belong and went and sat down at a table with play dough and started playing.  She gave me a quick hug and blew me a kiss.  She acted so big.

When I picked her up she was a little quiet with the details of the day but slowly I was able to gather that she had a good time.  They did music, played outside, had two cookies and a sucker at some point, played with new friends, read, had nap/quiet time, and I'm sure much more.  She did not eat her lunch well but that's not new.  She is such a slow eater she probably doesn't have enough time to even eat half at her pace. She is excited about going back tomorrow so that is the best thing.  I have been eagerly waiting for her to start so I could get some shopping and things done without her tagging along.  Trying to slowly get ready for Harper's arrival.  Here are pictures from Eden's first day:

Daddy and Eden before Michael headed off to work.


 Mommy and her big girl.


 Eden holding her lunch box.  She was so ready to go.


 Her complete outfit she picked out.  If you look closely you will notice that her size 4T jeans are high water.  I don't know what to do, cracks me up.


 Waiting patiently to enter the classroom.


 Sitting down with her new friends to play with play dough.


She thinking, "Mom, would you leave already!"  ha, she smiled and blew me a kiss.  Love this little girl.



While Eden was at school, I had a doctor's appointment and got checked.  I was a little over 1 cm and 25% effaced.  I have a little spot on my lower abdomen that has been itching a little and the Dr. confirmed that I'm getting what I prayed so hard not to get again, the pregnancy rash called PUPPP.  It was completely miserable the first time.  I was told by my doctor in Nashville that you only get it once and that it would go away after two weeks postpartum but I still had it at my six week appt. and was sent to a dermatologist after that.  Seventy percent of women who get it have boys, not me.  I actually have some scarring from it because it itches so bad.  It is very uncommon to get twice which makes me a lucky one;(.  The only good thing one article said was that most times (ha) the second time is milder.  I will now be praying for a milder case and praying really hard it doesn't spread to my arms and legs.  There is nothing to prevent or treat PUPPP.  You kind of have to just deal with it.  The good thing is that it does not effect Harper at all=)  Harper is still kicking and moving like crazy especially up in my right side and ribs.  I am trying really hard to get her room and things around the house ready for her arrival.  It's just been a little slower with Michael working so hard.  I did get most everything washed for her so that's at least ready.  Just waiting on the dresser so I can put the clothes away.  We are getting really excited about meeting Harper.  We wonder if she will look like Eden or not or be as big as her, if she will come earlier than her due date or not (we kind of need her to with Michael's work and his close being the first two weeks of every month and budget planning right now).  I'm still feeling really good except for that little spot that itches.  We are getting to the count down, 4 weeks or less, hopefully!

2 comments:

Michael and Hannah said...

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!! I'm getting excited about meeting Harper too! And Eden, for that matter... hoping to make a trip to see y'all maybe in the spring. Let's talk!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Love the school pictures!! She is such a cutie! :) We are so excited to meet Harper ... not much longer!! Praying for you!