There were seven families that went (us, the Haustein's, both Bittle families, the Dyniewski's, the Neese's, and the Hawkin's). I think having other families around made is so much fun too. Eden played nonstop with all the kids the entire weekend. I feel like we never saw her because she was having too much fun with everyone else. On Friday night, we got there and had a fabulous dinner prepared for us (bacon wrapped chicken, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes with all the fixings) and fixed the inside of our tent up. It tried raining a few times but only sprinkled which was great. The weather that night was perfect and felt incredible. People slowly started arriving on Friday night and setting up their things. We did s'mores and hung our around the fire until about 10:30 pm and then we started going to bed.
Eden hanging out around the fire on Friday night.
Jackson and Eden. Are they not the cutest together;)
Jackson, Emma, and Hannah around the fire.
Angie and Paul Haustein
Michael and Eden
Our fam camping
The tent we slept in and borrowed. It was perfect!
Emma and Eden. Hannah was on the other bed and they were all hanging out in the Dyniewski's tent.
Eden bike riding. All the kids shared two bikes and a scooter. They took turns over and over and had the best time racing. There ended up being several skinned knees and elbows.
Making her wildflower necklaces.
Holding up their pretty necklaces they made.
Lake time. We swam and swam. Then we all took turns going out on Matthew's boat. Eden and Michael tubed together and then I went. I hadn't done that in forever. I loved doing it in high school with Meagan on her dads boat. Those were such fun times.
Hanging around the camp site on Saturday night.
Emma invited Hannah to come since the rest of her family couldn't make it. They are such sweet friends.
Paul and Eden hanging out together.
All the kids minus Jackson. For some reason he jumped off and wanted nothing to do with the picture.
Carter, Jackson, Emma, and Hannah
The older girls sitting around the fire. I love how Eden has her legs crossed. She has recently just started doing that. It cracks me up.
Sunday morning we had pancakes, sausage, and eggs prepared by Hans for breakfast. Then we all got together for a little church service and had communion together. That is such a special time.
Matthew and Julie on Sunday morning.
Josh and Kelly
Layne and Ivy, Casey was somewhere
Our "host" family, The Haustein's (Paul, Angie, and Hans)
Us
Jason, Crystal, and Jace Hawkins
I guess I didn't get a picture of the Dyniewski's. We are sad that they are moving to Texas this month. Justin is a doctor and they are moving closer to their families=( We will have to meet them half way or something and all camp together again. We had the best time and we are all hoping to go again in the fall. I really hope we will. It was great being together with other families and friends. This was a wonderful first time camping trip for us as a family and we can't wait to go again!








1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun - fun family time! The girls are precious! Sorry missed seeing you last week. Hope Harper is feeling better. Love you all, Aunt Karla
Post a Comment