Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dolphins

Tuesday afternoon we went for a dolphin tour. If you know me at all you know I love dolphins. I did a huge research paper on them and always wanted to be a marine biologist growing up. Eden was really excited about going to see them and excited about going on her first boat ride. The tour was an hour and a half and we saw lots of dolphins. With this tour you go with another boat so when you come across the dolphins, the two boats increase their speed and create a huge wake behind the boats that the dolphins love to play in. It was so much fun and Eden loved it so much. It was actually really, really reasonably priced and so worth it for us. It was a perfect afternoon and the dolphins really showed off for everyone.

Michael and Eden as the boat was pulling out of the marina.


Eden and I enjoying the breeze on the back of the boat. I told Michael not to go to the front of the boat because I knew the dolphins would be jumping in the wakes behind the boats. So we had excellent viewing=)


Some of the wonderful dolphins showing off for us.




Love this picture of these two jumping together. If you notice their bellies are pink, apparently dolphins bellies turn pink when they are excited, and playing and jumping excites them.


Eden standing on the side watching for dolphins. That's the other boat behind her. Ours looked just like it.


Love this picture. They are so cute together=)




Eden driving the boat. All the kids got to take a turn. Our deckhand, Tom, was very good and was great at explaining things and making sure the kids could see and were having fun.


The three of us on the way back to the marina.


I have some great video of the dolphins too but I have not uploaded those yet so I will post those at a later date. All three of us really enjoyed this activity and Eden LOVED her first boat ride. She already says she wants to go again=)

2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

Wow!! I bet Eden LOVED that! Looks like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

You got some great pictures! This must have been very enjoyable to all of you! MiMi