Friday, May 3, 2013

Mele Kalikimaka: Eden's First Ballet Recital

Eden had her very first dance recital on May 3rd, 2013 at Robinson Center Music Hall.  It was one of the most precious things I have ever witnessed.  I can't recall ever going to a dance recital before.  Neither Lindsay or I did dance so I don't think I have ever been to one.  If you have never been I highly recommend it.  It is one of the cutest things ever to watch little girls dance (which is always funny because something silly always happens) and then for the little girls to get to watch the big girls dance and sit in "Ahhhh" of them is really sweet.  Eden LOVED being on stage and she said she was never nervous at all.

The owner, Mrs. Andrea, of the studio that Eden takes at and who happens to be her teacher decided since they don't do a Christmas recital that she would do Christmas in May.  It was a really cute idea and I think everyone enjoyed doing it.  Eden's class got to dance to the Hawaiian Christmas song- Mele Kalikimaka.  They had the cutest little routine and then came out for the finale.  Eden was front and center for both.  Michael and I both could not be any prouder of her.  She knew what she was doing, she had fun, and tried her very best and that's all we could ask.

The program. 

Eden's group was the fifth act in the first half of the program.


Eden LOVED wearing stage make-up.  I had to emphasize that you never where this much make-up when you are a teenager or ever really;)


Eden and her really good friend Lyla!









Hannah Keim came with our family to watch Eden and her neighbor, Virginia, dance.  The rest of the Keim family kept Harper for us so we could enjoy the show!  Thank you so much!!!!



Eden's ballet class.

Eden had lots of people come to cheer her on at her recital:

Aunt Sarah and Lydia came to watch.


Jackson with Eden.  Julie and Jackson were so sweet to come.  Jackson even had to roses for Eden from himself and Jack Vick, who was out of town.  Precious!!!

Sweet cousins!


Granna and Gigi came too all the way from Searcy.


J. Pops and Zizi came.


PawPaw and Nana with Eden.  



Eden collecting all of her flowers after the show.  She couldn't wait to know if she was going to get flowers or not after the show.  She was a little excited about them!




Mimi was there too, of course!


Family picture!

I really think Eden has great natural talent when it comes to dance and gymnastics.  This might have been her first and last dance recital.  She is and has been begging to go back to gymnastics so that's were she is going next.  She misses the tumbling and flipping on the bars and what not=)  We will see what she ends up deciding when dance starts back up in the fall.  She loved doing the recital part but I think she didn't quite love the structure of ballet classes, ha;)

1 comment:

Michael and Hannah said...

So beautiful, Eden!!! I've VERY impressed with your dance company. Anna Kate is in her 3rd year of dance, but we think this is going to have to be the last b/c when they get to be 1st grade and up, they start having them move suggestively and wear tummy-baring costumes. This seems to be the norm down here. It's a bummer to know dance is not something AK can do long term. And the owners of this dance company are Christians, but they must be so used to the dance world that they are blind to the things that make me cringe. They had high school age girls dancing a ballet to an emotional worship song and the girls were wearing see-through costumes that were barely there. So bizarre. Wish we had a dance company like yours... I'm very impressed just from your pics!