Thursday, June 20, 2013

ALASKA

Michael and I took a seven night Alaskan cruise for a late 10 year anniversary trip.   It had always been a dream of mine to go to Alaska and it was everything I had imagined and more.  We cruised on the Radiance of the Seas by Royal Caribbean.  We sailed from Seward, Alaska down to Vancouver, Canada.  We LOVED it!  Neither of us had cruised before and didn't really know what to expect.  I did end up having to take an anti-nausea med each morning but I never got sick or anything which was good.  I would just feel the boat sway here and there a little more than at other times.

Michael and I drove to Dallas on Thursday, June 20th to fly from Dallas to Los Angeles and then on to Anchorage, Alaska.  We landed in Anchorage around midnight (3 am central time) and it was still light outside.  Crazy!!!  We got a ride to our hotel and fell asleep fairly well.  On the 21st, we woke up and rode back to the airport to check in for our train that we were taking from Anchorage to Seward, where the ship was in port.  The train ride was so fun and the views were incredible along the way.  I'm so glad we did that and not the bus.

Michael and I in the Dallas airport waiting for our flight to leave.


Boarding our train.


Just a few of the views we had along the way and through the train windows!


Just got on the ship and need to go find our room. 

Our ship left port at 8pm on the 21st.  It was so fun trying to find our way around the ship that first night without getting lost or turned around.  It was pretty funny.  We had our first dinner with our table mates and got to know them.  Thankfully we ended up with a great group of people to have dinner with each night.  

No comments: