January 10th was a big day for Harper. I decided to start potty training on that Friday. I don't even know why I chose it or really what made me want to do it but I guess I just got a feeling and ran with it. Every time you asked Harper in the past if she wanted to use the potty like a big girl she would yell and point at me very defiantly, "NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!" She still didn't really want to do it but that morning I put her straight into panties and told it was happening. I had already had on hand a variety of her favorite character panties (Dora, Doc McStuffins, and Minnie Mouse) and little candies for her rewards. She held it and held it and then finally she peed in her panties=/ She didn't like it and ever since she has peed in the potty. She was even staying dry in her panties during nap and such. CRAZY!!!! It took a lot of rewarding and bribing to get her to poop in the potty and then to start using the big toilet but it happened by Monday so she could use the potty at school on Tuesday. She has been so easy compared to Eden. I could not be more proud of her. She wears a Pull-Up at night because she just can't make it all night quite yet but she has been waking up and going during the night lately so maybe it will come sooner than it did with Eden overnight. YAY FOR NO MORE DIAPERS!!!!

Her first time on the potty.
Sitting on the big toilet.
Sassy girl showing off her big girl panties.
Her potty prize was a set of Mickey's Clubhouse characters and she was in LOVE!!!! She also got to start gymnastics since she is in panties now. I had told her when she was potty trained she could start gymnastics like Eden and she has been waiting for a while but she finally got to start and LOVES it!
No comments:
Post a Comment