Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dentist, Doctor, and Hair Cut

Monday morning Eden had her very first dentist appointment. She was not real thrilled and I have no idea why she wouldn't be. Who would have told her about dentists? Anyways, we got there and she did most of what they asked of her. They slowly introduced her to all the instruments and the hygienist was really, really nice. She was very patient with Eden and said that Eden brushes her teeth really well for a three year old. Her teeth were perfect, no cavities. YEA!!!! I was a little nervous. The dentist did warn us that looking at how close her teeth are right now, there will probably not be much room for permanent teeth, big sigh:( She may have ended up with her daddy's mouth. Poor girl. My siblings and I never had braces or anything but all of Michael's family did so it was 50/50 for Eden. All in all she did great. It did take a little persuasion to get her to take x-rays but she did it. I was so proud. We go back in six months. Sorry the pictures are so bad. I tried to take them in a hurry. Eden was watching the hygienist like a hawk, so funny.


Eden getting her teeth cleaned and polished. She did really well with this probably because she has a spinning tooth brush at home.


Getting a quick squirt of water. She thought the water gun was really cool.
Wednesday morning before bible study we had Eden's three year check up. Here are her latest stats:
Height: 39 1/4 inches, which is about the 92% percentile
Weight: 33.4 lbs, they didn't give me the exact percentile
The doctor said she still looks perfect, so that was good. She got two shots which she did not like. She screamed and kicked while the nurse and I held her down for them. She couldn't even calm down afterwards. She was still crying when we walked into bible study. She keeps telling me she doesn't like shots and showing me the little pricks on her legs. Poor baby girl. There will be plenty more in your future.
Today after mother's day out I took Eden to get her hair cut. It is so long and gets in EVERY THING. The ends are always stuck together due to food, snot, and no telling what else. So I had it. She got five inches cut off. I love it. She did so good and let them cut it off. We can still do ponytails and all that. It just won't be so heavy and messy hopefully. Here are some pictures of it.
Before hair cut. It was so long.


After. So cute.



Ta daaa. She likes it and has been showing it off. It makes her look older. I can't believe it.

5 comments:

Angela said...

You didn't mention her haircut tonight! It is precious! And she is tall enough to ride rides! Yay! (we aren't there yet)(haircuts or rides...)

Unknown said...

I love her hair cut! I can't believe how big Eden is getting. I understand how you feel about her teeth. We're going through the same with Andrew. He got his dad's mouth and his 1st permanent tooth that has come through is about as crooked as it can be without coming in backwards :-) Give Eden a hug for me. Love you guys!

Jeff, Sarah, Lydia & Jack Henry said...

LOVE the new hair cut! Too cute! Maybe Lydia will catch up with her one day! ;) She looks beautiful! Can't wait to see what Lydia's 3 year stats are. Can't believe they are 3 ... Where has the time gone?!?

Michael and Hannah said...

I've been loving keeping up with your blog... just usually looking with one hand and a baby on my lap. Eden is so gorgeous. I'm determined to admire that girl in person!

Reagan said...

Love her new haircut!! She is precious and her haircut just fits!! Give her a big hug from the Turner Family!! We miss you all and love ya!!!