Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Earthquake

I just wanted to remember my first earthquake.  I have always wanted to feel an earthquake, not a strong one but I was always curious as to what it could possibly feel like.  Well my first one happened on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011 at 10:53 pm.  Michael and I were home with Harper watching all the football games (Eden was at my parents for the weekend) and we were sitting in separate chairs in our living room and we both felt our chairs swaying.  We looked at each other and asked if the other's chair was moving and we both said yes.  After a few seconds we realized it must have been an earthquake and then Facebook and the news confirmed it.  Michael was holding Harper in his arms when it happened.  The three of us all felt our first earthquake together.

The earthquake was centered in Sparks, Oklahoma and was a magnitude 5.6.  It truly was the weirdest feeling.  Michael felt another one on Sunday night but I was at Wal-Mart and didn't feel it.