Leading up to her surgery we talked about it here and there and role played a little and she did so good the day of surgery. The only time she cried was when we woke her up early to go. She didn't want to go but she did. She was practically all smiles the rest of the day. It is crazy!
On the way to surgery....her only frown.
Eden modeling her clown gown, of course.
Eden and I hanging out before surgery.
Michael hanging out. He was able to take off a few hours so he could be there.
In recovery before she threw up all over me.
She was even smiling on the way home.
Trying to relax and get a drink, before throwing up for the second time all over Michael.
Eden seeing her flowers and balloon that Uncle Morgan, Aunt Jamie, J. David, and Myles gave her. They showed up at the front door during her nap.
Eden opening her gift from Mimi. Mom came the night before to stay with Harper and then she left around lunch on that Thursday. So glad she was there to help.
Eden loves her puzzle and drink container.
Later that evening, Eden was doing fine eating and had kept everything down that afternoon and dinner. After dinner she remembered that the nurse said she could have a snow cone and other soft yummy foods. Well we went for a snow cone and she enjoyed it but didn't finish it all. Then on the way home she recalled that I had promised her a small toy or book for doing so well with her surgery and I knew she wouldn't give it up until we went to Walmart so we ran in real fast for her to pick something. Well in the only check out line on that side open and a ton of people waiting behind us, Eden threw up everywhere. It was seriously everywhere. I was mortified and tried cleaning it up but the cashier paged for someone to come clean it up. We left skidding out of there with wet shoes and everything. I was laughing hysterically all the way to the car. It was so ridiculous. No warning at all from Eden. It must have just hit really fast and hard. Poor thing. She was so embarrassed. Needless to say she got some more meds when we got home.
Red snow cone.
Harper had some plain ice from mine. She didn't know what to think of the cold, melty ice.
Eden chose a couple of books for her treat. You see she looks fine, doesn't she??
The next day, her friend Katie brought her some balloons and a box of popsicles. She ate one right away.
Eden was such a rock star through it all. She never had to have her pain medicine. The only thing she needed was the anti-nausea medicine. She smiled the entire time and did everything asked of her. When she was asked if she wanted to be carried by the nurse into the operating room or walk in there herself, she chose to walk. She gave us a hug and walked right on in there like such a big girl. I couldn't believe it. I was SO PROUD of her. We had talked about how she was going to have to breathe into a mask/balloon and she came out telling us that she did it and it smelled like grapes. I know Eden was scared and didn't want to have the surgery but she did amazing and was so strong through it all. I am amazed by her strength and determination to go thru something even when she didn't want to with her head held high (and smiling) and doing everything that was asked of her without a peep. I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment