First our parked van got hit by a garbage truck that was reversing down the street. It punctured the back tire and scraped and dug holes along the drivers side. The left sliding door does not open so Eden has to crawl under Harper's seat to get into the van. While there, we had to get two new tires to get home. Second, Thursday night Harper did not sleep. She woke up about 11:45 pm (when Michael and I finally got into bed from playing games) and did not got back to sleep until 6:45 am. Every single time she would close her eyes or start relaxing she would scream bloody murder and push off of me so I spent the entire night downstairs with Harper exhausted and screaming. NOT fun at all. I was so irritated and had no idea what to do because I just knew everyone could hear her screaming (turns out they couldn't, thank goodness). When she finally cried herself to sleep at 6:45 am, she woke up two-three hours later and Michael took her and I slept until noon. I took her temperature when I woke up and she had a fever so off to a doctor in Missouri. She had a double ear infection so we picked up her prescription and headed back to the lake house. Poor girl was miserable. That was the extent of our hiccups and thank goodness nobody was hurt in the accident or Harper wasn't worse off. Enjoy the tons of pictures below.....
Eden and Michael with her first fish caught that week. She likes to reel them in and not so much the waiting game. She would say, "Let me know when you catch one so I can reel it in."
Harper eating rice and chicken, yum!
I LOVE this picture. All set and ready to swim!
Eden and J. David jumping off the side of the dock. Eden got pretty brave this week and was doing a lot of things in the water and jumping from pretty high. So proud of her.
Michael and Myles on the big raft and J. David and Eden floating on the green one.
My parents are on the jet ski saying hi to Eden and JD.
Eden LOVED the jet ski this year. She rode it every day and had so much fun. She likes going FAST!
The guys fishing one night.
Cuddle time in the recliner.
Breakfast on the pontoon boat.
Harper and Myles driving.
Eden driving.
Swimming on one of the days.
Love this picture. Myles was pretending to drive the jet ski. He is the cutest little thing.
Eden and Myles sharing the recliner.
The kids waiting patiently in the golf cart to be driven down to the docks. It's not far at all=)
Aren't these two so sweet??? By the end of the week, they both knew which buttons to push to irritate each other. They crack us up!
J. David, Myles, and I after picking up the blocks.
Michael and Myles horsing around!!
J. Pops and Mimi with their grandchildren, except for Camden who is in Aunt Jamie's belly;)
This is how Eden rolls on trips. Head phones on, watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates, her favorite.
So funny.... Myles, open mouthed, wanting some of his mommy's ice cream but she wasn't sharing, ha.
The measly little catfish I caught one night and it was bigger than the rest of the guys that night;)
A picture of some of the van damage.
Quite time on the iPhones.
Morgan with his boys.
Route 66 goes right through Cuba so we had to get our picture taken on Route 66.
Out to eat on Wednesday night.
Harper in her little pool.
We got to see the world's largest rocking chair. It is pretty big.
Eden being Eden.
Harper building with the boys. She LOVED these blocks.
We had such a wonderful time and thank the Crumbaugh's so much for letting use their place to get together.






















2 comments:
Looks like a wonderful memory-filled vacation! Wish we could vacation together sometime... that would be a hoot!
These pictures are so cute! So glad that y'all had a great trip ... even with the accident and double ear infection!
Post a Comment